In this post, I’m sharing a step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own crepe paper sunflower. This is a super easy beginner-friendly sunflower craft with FREE SVG cut file for Cricut. And if you don’t have a Cricut, you can cut this out by hand as well using the FREE printable paper sunflower template. Let’s begin!
Hey, Cricut buddy, welcome to Cricut Maker Crafts (not affiliate with official Cricut)! If you are looking for a free crepe paper sunflower tutorial along with an SVG cut file and a template, you have come to the right place, because today I’m sharing a complete step by step tutorial on how YOU can create these paper flowers yourself. Let’s begin!
Personally, I’m a huge fan of crepe paper flowers. They give a very realistic look to the flowers especially if you add some shade to them using Pan Pastels. Oh, this reminds me, I purchased some Pan Pastels ages ago to create a paper flower tutorial before I got busy with launching the SVG SUPERSTAR course. Working on this post, just reminded me of their presence in my drawer. Let’s hope I get some free time so I can work on a tutorial for the flowers. LOL!
Supplies needed for rose paper flower bouquet
Making these crepe paper sunflowers is extremely easy as all you need for this sunflower project is yellow and brown crepe paper, your Cricut, and some glue. These crepe paper sunflowers have flat bottoms so you can make these sunflowers to use them for wreaths or in a sunflower shadow box. Here’s a complete list of supplies needed to make these crepe paper sunflowers.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Cricut Maker Crafts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
- Cricut Maker/Cricut Explore
- StandardGrip Cutting Mat
- Essential Tools Set
- Cricut Rotary Blade [only if you’re using Cricut Maker as the Cricut Maker uses the rotary blade to cut out crepe paper]
- Crepe Paper
- Free crepe paper sunflower SVG cut file (available for the VIPs, become a VIP member by entering your name and address below)
How to make rose crepe paper sunflower
Gather your supplies
Cut out the Crepe Paper Sunflower pieces
- Sign up for the VIP list by entering your name and email in the box given above.
- Once you’ve entered your name and email address, you will receive a welcome email from me – Jav at Cricut Maker Crafts.
- Inside the email, you’ll find the link to download the FREE SVG cut file for the Felt Frog.
- Download the FREE Felt Frog SVG from the VIP library. The link for the VIP library is included in the thank you email that you should receive after signing up for the VIP list.
- Open Cricut Design Space.
- Click on the “+” sign to start a new project, opening up a blank canvas.
- Click on upload.
- Locate the file on your computer and upload it to Cricut Design Space.
- Insert the file on the canvas and click on “Make it”.
- Place each crepe paper on the respective mat and cut it out.
- Cut out the template for the brown crepe paper on cardstock then fold the brown crepe paper thrice, place the template on top and cut out the brown crepe paper.
Take any one of the petal cutouts and cut a 1 cm slit along the bottom side of the petal. Apply glue on either side of the slit.
Overlap both sides of the slits over the glued part. This will give the petal a 3d look. One by one prepare the rest of the petals in the same way.
Place the round paper on a flat surface; grab the petals and the glue for the next step.
Attach 8 petals on the round paper, making sure to keep an even gap between every 2 petals. These 8 petals form the outer layer of the crepe paper sunflower.
Now grab the other 8 petals and attach them on the round piece, inside the outer layer. This time, keep the petals of this layer between every 2 petals of the previous layer.
Take the brown strip, fold it into half and cut small and even fringes along the closed end of the strip. Start rolling the strip along its intact side.
Roll the entire strip and glue the end of the roll to secure it.
Attach the fringed roll piece on the center of the sunflower petals. Attach some leaves on the bottom side of the sunflower. And you’re done! Wohoo!
More Helpful Cricut Posts
With that, we have reached the end of this tutorial where I showed you how to make a crepe paper sunflower with Cricut.
Before you go, check out these amazing Cricut posts!
- DIY Rose Paper Flower Bouquet – FREE SVG for Cricut
- EASY Giant Paper Gerbera Daisy Template FREE SVG
- 9+ AMAZING Craft Paper Storage Ideas